1. Inactivation of bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast and protozoa: Ozone disrupts the integrity of the bacterial cell envelope through oxidation of the phospholipids and lipoproteins. In fungi, ozone inhibitscellular growth at certain critical stages. With viruses, theozone damages the lipid envelope and interrupts there productive cycle by disrupting the virus-to-cell contactwith peroxidation.
2. Enhancement of circulation: in circulatory disease, a clumping of red blood cells hinders blood flow through the small capillaries and decreases Oxygen absorption due to reduced surface area. Ozone reduces or eliminates clumping and red cell flexibility is restored, along with Oxygen carrying ability. Oxygenation of the tissues increases as the arterial partial pressure increases and viscosity decreases. Ozone also oxidizes the plaque in arteries, unclogging the blood vessels.
3. Stimulation of Oxygen metabolism: ozone causes an increase in the red blood cell glycolysis rate, stimulating (2,3-DPG) which leads to an increase in the amount of Oxygen released to the tissues. There is a stimulation of the enzymes, which act as free radical scavengers and cell wall protectors: glutathione peroxidase, catalyse, and superoxide dismutase. Ozone activates the Krebs cycle by enhancing oxidative carboxylation of pyruvate, stimulating production of ATP.
4. Formation of peroxides: ozone reacts with the unsaturated fatty acids of the lipid layer in cellular membranes, forming hydro peroxides. Lipid peroxidation products include peroxyl radicals, singlet Oxygen and ozonides.
5. Dissolution of malignant tumours: ozone inhibits tumour metabolism. In addition, ozone oxidizes the outer lipid layer of malignant cells and destroys them through cell-lysis (break-down). Ozone stimulates conversion of L- arginine to citrulline, nitrite and nitrate by phagocytes, acting on tumours.
Anti-Ageing & Hyperbarics
Age-related diseases are a growing concern world-wide. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has been shown, in some studies, to help combat degeneration by contributing to the regeneration of tissue and blood vessels. HBOT stimulates the development of new blood vessels in areas of the body where circulation is compromised and is utilized by some physicians to help treat Coronary Heart Disease, Macular Degeneration, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Arthritis and immune related diseases.
Additionally, HBOT helps promote collagen activation to help battle the signs of aging including skin damage and elasticity.
Clinical studies have demonstrated the benefits of HBOT for age-related degenerative conditions by providing cellular aid to all organs in the body to promote health and beauty.
Benefits Of Hyperbaric Therapies
Circulation & General Blood Flow
Stimulates new blood vessel growth
Combats & prevents circulatory diseases including diabetes
Stimulates the generation of ATP
Promotes stem cell proliferation and mobilisation
Decreases risk of infection
Reduces stress & anxiety
Supports the immune system
Improves memory and reaction times
Improves oxygenation to cardiac tissue
Reduces risk of heart attack
Improves heart muscle function following heart attack